Traveling to a foreign city is new and exciting. You can plan out your day extensively, marking every little thing you’re going to do and see or, you can just walk around freely and see where your journey takes you. Experience all the tourist attractions and find some hidden secrets along the way. Here are 9 things to do while you’re in Paris, things everyone has to experience at least once in Paris and some things that you might not have thought of doing.
1. The Eiffel Tower — The symbol that everyone pictures in their mind when they think of Paris is the Eiffel Tower. You can’t avoid it. It’s a must see if you’re in Paris, towering over the garden and Seine River at 1,063 feet, it’s a beautiful French pride. You can take a tour up the lifts through the tower and view Paris from the different observation decks.
2. The Louvre Museum — Another must see. Home to Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, this is a museum for the art lover. This is the largest museum in the world with many different famous classical art pieces from all over the world. The museum itself is a wonder to look at.
3. Notre Dame Cathedral — A historic symbol of religion and culture. The Notre Dame is an architectural beauty. Tour the cathedral and learn about its history and significance while admiring the gothic imagery, gargoyles included.
4. Luxembourg Gardens — The beautiful gardens are a great place to enjoy a picnic. Here you’ll find a children’s playground, puppet show and the city’s oldest merry-go-round. It’s a perfect place to take a leisurely stroll, taking in the Parisian atmosphere.
5. Paris Catacombs — For the lover of the creepy and unsettling. Go through the tunnels of Paris, where they put their deceased loved ones when they ran out of space in above ground cemeteries. Take a guided tour or explore on your own. The tunnels are small and claustrophobic so those who can’t handle small spaces may want to skip this one. It’s still an interesting and unique experience.
6. Champs-Élysées — This is Paris’ most famous boulevard. It’s lined with fancy brand name shops and one in particular Laduree, a store famous for their macaroons. The famous structure, the Arc de Triomphe is also accessible here, making this a worthwhile stop.
7. Escape Rooms — Escape rooms are increasingly popular nowadays, if you’ve never done one, why not experience one in Paris? Escape rooms are essentially big interactive puzzle games that require you to of course, escape the room. Popular ones include “Le Métro,” “Trés cher Lock,” among other distinct Parisian themes.
8. Musee des Arts Forains — If art museums aren’t your thing, then maybe this one will put a smile on your face. It’s a museum filled with old Parisian carnival rides and attractions. Some of which you can still take part in.
9. Disneyland Paris — Last but not least, Disneyland Paris. Well worth the visit for any Disney fan. There are plenty of attractions that can only be found at this Disney Park. The Disney Castle itself stands out as a beautiful piece of architecture and is a beautiful sight to behold. Even if you’re familiar with Disney Parks, this one is still a worthwhile experience. These are only some of the things you can do in Paris. There are multitudes of French cuisine and culture to take part in, so don’t limit yourself to just these. Whether you decide to do all the tourist attractions, or discover lesser-known gems, your trip is just that, yours.